Evergreen Facts & Maps
- Evergreen to downtown Denver: 35 minutes
- Evergreen to Denver Tech Center: 50 minutes
- Evergreen to Cherry Creek Shopping Center: 45 minutes
- Evergreen to DIA: 75 minutes
Approximately 150 square miles. Since there are no defined city limits, this is an approximate size.
- 7072 feet above sea level at Evergreen Lake
- 8270 feet above sea level at Conifer Shopping Center
- Summer average temperature: high 70’s to low 80’s
- Winter average temperature: 5 to mid-40’s
- Average days of sunshine: 306 per year (more than Miami or Honolulu)
- Average humidity: below 33%
- Average precipitation: 20 inches annually
- Average snowfall: 90 inches annually
- Summer generally brings sunny days with an occasional afternoon shower. Winter snows are usually brief and followed by warm, sunny days that melt the snow.
- Approximately 40,000 people throughout the entire area; 20,600 postal addresses.
- Evergreen Demographics (pdf)
- Conifer Demographics (pdf)
- Evergreen Census Info
- Conifer Census Info
- Unincorporated. Jefferson County government in nearby Golden administers, 3 elected County Commissioners.
- Electricity: Xcel Energy Co. or Intermountain Rural Electric Assoc.
- Gas: natural gas by Xcel Energy Co., Colorado Natural Gas or propane through many local suppliers
- Water/Sewer: Evergreen Metro District or other community districts; private wells and septics are most common outside districts
- Police: Jefferson County Sheriff, headquartered in Golden, Colorado
- Fire: local volunteer Fire departments, highly rated
- Medical: clinics in Bergen Park, Evergreen and Conifer.
- Volunteer ambulance/EMT service throughout area
- Flight for Life emergency helicopter based in Denver
- Major medical centers in Denver
- Hospice and elderly care centers in Evergreen
- Newspapers: Daily: Rocky Mountain News and Denver Post. Weekly: Canyon Courier , High Timber Times, Hustler. Monthly: Serenity, Mountain Connection
- Radio: all Denver stations are available, no local stations
- Television: all Denver stations are available, unless restricted by terrain. Cable and/or satellite dish service throughout area.
- Must be a resident for 32 days in Colorado, 18 years of age, a citizen of the US and a registered voter. You may register at the Motor Vehicle Office in Evergreen.
Motor Vehicle Laws
- Colorado license plates and a Colorado driver’s license should be obtained within 30 days after establishing residency. If your current out-of-state license is valid, you need only pass a written exam and eye test.
- Retail sales tax: 4.3% (lower than Denver!)
- State income tax: 5% of federal taxable income
- Property tax: 9.74% of appraised value times mil levy, usually results in a tax bill of 1%-1.5% of value of property
Best source of information
Re/Max Alliance Evergreen
30480 Stagecoach Blvd
Evergreen, CO 80439
(303)670-6358 or (800)568-6120 x6358