Summer at Evergreen Lake
Boating at Evergreen Lake (private and rental) is open for the summer!
Please call the Hotline first at 720-880-1391, as fluctuating weather can affect opening/closing times.
Help keep the lake and park beautiful. Please don’t litter and pick up after your pets. Pets must be kept on leash. We are currently under a fire ban, so no charcoal or gas grills are allowed in the park. Parking is limited at Evergreen Lake.
Boating (private and rental) is open for the summer!
Summer Daily Schedule - 2021Evergreen Lake will be open to watercrafts beginning May 5, 2021. Private boating will be available seven days a week. Rental boats will be available weekends only through May, then seven days a week until Labor Day. After Labor Day, rental boats will only be available on weekends. Please call our boating hotline for the most up-to-date information before you head to Evergreen Lake: 720-880-1391. This is always weather permitting. Wednesday nights during the Concert Series, last boats go out at 2 PM and boating closes at 3 PM Please note that all hours are weather permitting.
Summer Private and Boat Rental Hours - 2021DaysWatercraft RentalsLast Craft Out
|Monday through Sunday||8 AM to 7 PM||6 PM|
Holiday Paddleboard & Boat Rental Hours - 2021
We maintain normal operating hours on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day
In coordination with EMD and CCD, access to Evergreen Lake may be closed to private and rental boats at its discretion. All boating is prohibited during certain events including the EPRD Summer Concert Series, Evergreen Rodeo Parade and Evergreen Town Race.Private Boaters
Private boats require a day pass or seasonal pass prior to launching. There may be a limit on the number of boats on the lake at one time. Therefore, you may be put on a waitlist to get on the water. There will be a daily fee of $10/day Monday through Friday and $15/day Saturday and Sunday. Season passes will be available for the 2021 season. These fees help to ensure boaters are taking proper safety measures before launching.
Private boaters are required to check in with boat rental staff. At this time, hours of operation are 8 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Sunday.
Seasonal boating passes available for purchase in-person at the Evergreen Lake House for $65 during normal operating hours. 2021 boating season dates are not guaranteed and there are no refunds for any reason. This pass expires on October 1, 2021. Purchase seasonal pass does not guarantee access to the water: must pass inspection, have a life jacket, within boating operational hours, and entrance is subject to a capacity limit.
Rules to keep in mind when launching your boat include:
- All boats must stay within boundaries set by lake staff and abide by all lake rules.
- Trailered boats are no longer allowed to launch in the lake due to heightened concerns with contaminations affecting the water supply.
- Gas-powered engines are not allowed; only electric trolling motors.
- Other private watercraft not allowed are sailboats, pool inflatables (tubes, loungers, rafts, etc.), complex boats (pedal boats, closed hull, etc.) and PWCs.
- Launch vessels from our private boat check-in only.
- Life jackets are required for each person in the boat and/or paddle board and must be on and buckled at all times. Please bring your own life jacket as life jackets are not available for rental at this time.
- All private boats must launch and check in at private boat check to have an ANS (Aquatic Nuisance Species) inspection, pay and receive a wristband.
- No refunds.
- Due to COVID-19, the number of boats on Evergreen Lake may be limited due to social distancing.
Evergreen Lake rules are as follows:
- Rentals are first come, first served.
- All boaters and paddle boarders must wear a life jacket at all times. No exceptions.
- Any children under age 13 must have an adult (18 years and older) in the watercraft with them.
- Youth Stand-Up Paddleboard Rental rules are as follows:
- Youth 13 years and up can rent boards on their own.
- Youth 10 to 12 years old must have a parent/guardian-signed waiver and can go out on their own board with parents’ permission.
- Youth 9 years and younger must ride with an adult on the same board.
- Launch vessels from our private boat check-in only.
- Do not beach vessels on any of our shoreline or nature preserve.
- No alcohol on boats, rental or private.
- No swimming in the lake, including all pets.
- Leash laws extend to animals on all vessels/water craft, as well. Must have a leash on at all times on land and on vessels.
- Everyone must read/follow rules posted at the Boat House.
- Lake House staff reserves the right to ask any patron who is not following lake rules to leave.
- Private boats should be no longer than 15 feet in length.
- Inflatable crafts must be 3 chambers or more to be on the lake.
- Drones are not allowed on Evergreen Park & Recreation District property.
- During any weather delay due to lightning, there will be at least a 30-minute waiting period before lake activities can be resumed.
Boat Rental FeesType of BoatTime PeriodFee
|Canoe||Per Hour||Not available for 2021|
|Kayak (1 Person)||Per Hour||$20|
|Kayak (2 Person)||Per Hour||$25|
|Pedal Boat||Per Hour||Not available for 2021|
|Double Pedal Boat||Per Hour||Not available for 2021|
|Private Boat (Per Day)||Per Day||$10 M-F/ $15 Sat and Sun|
|Private Boat Park Pass||All Season||$65|
|Stand-Up Paddleboard||Per Hour||$20|
|Trike||Per Hour||Not available for 2021|
Lifejackets/PFDs are included with watercraft rental fees. For private boaters, you must bring your own PFD.
~Evergreen Park & Rec