The Real Reason to Buy a Foothills Home
There are many financial benefits to homeownership, but the feelings of gratitude, security, pride and comfort in owning a home are even stronger. Owning a home is a foundation of the American Dream. Especially as we’re living in a time that has changed how we use our homes–as a workspace, as a classroom and as a refuge–being a homeowner has a whole new meaning for many of us.
The most recent National Housing Survey from Fannie Mae shows that the top three reasons Americans value homeownership have nothing to do with money:
- 91% valued control over what they can do with their living space
- 90% valued the sense of privacy & security their home provides
- 89% valued their home as a good place for their family to raise their children.
Other non-financial advantages revealed by the survey include feeling engaged in a community, having flexibility in decisions about the future and experiencing less stress.
Home values are rising in response to this demand and buyers may believe the right thing to do is to wait for a softening market. But two questions suggest you should buy now:
- Where will home prices be a year from now?
- Where will mortgage rates be a year from now?
The answer to both: higher. Contact the friendly, professional brokers at Tupper’s Team with all your home buying questions–we promise honest, candid answers.
Selling Your Home?
Get your home's value - our custom reports include accurate and up to date information.