US 6 Clear Creek Canyon Resurfacing Project
Motorists can expect:
- Quarter-mile single lane closures with intermittent traffic holds of up to 10 minutes each direction, Monday through Thursday (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) and Friday (6 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
About the Project:
Beginning in late July, The Colorado Department of Transportation and contractor partner, APC Construction, will begin work on the US 6 Clear Creek Canyon Resurfacing and Safety Improvements project. This project will greatly improve the safety and driving conditions on this 11.37-mile stretch of US 6 by:
- Resurfacing the entire project zone to address the severe deterioration of the pavement, leading to a smoother and safer driving experience.
- Minor widening of the shoulders for added safety.
- Removing and replacing all guardrail within the project limits.
- Cleaning culverts, removing loose rocks, and installing new signage and striping to meet current
Work will occur on US 6 between Colorado Highway (CO) 119 and the junction of CO 58 and 93 in Clear Creek Canyon. The project will take place for 11.37 miles along US 6 from mile point (MP) 260.23 to MP 271.60.
- Daytime work hours are Monday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from
6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Potential nighttime work could take place. Stay up to date via the
project webpage and weekly emails.
- Work is expected to end in Summer 2022, weather dependent, with a winter shutdown from December 2021 through February 2022.
- Cost: $11 Million
- Contractor: APC
- Timeline: July 2021 - July 2022
- Location: US 6 between CO 119 and CO 58 in Jefferson County (Clear Creek Canyon)
Starting in late July, motorists should expect:
- Alternating daytime single lane closures and shoulder closures for up to one mile along US 6 between CO 119 and CO 58/93.
- East and westbound traffic will alternate through the work zone with up to 10-minute traffic holds each direction. Motorists should plan for extra travel time.
- Grooved and rough pavement in sections of the project until paving operations are complete.
- No shoulder parking throughout the work zone at any time.
Other Clear Creek Canyon Projects
- US 6 Tunnel Lights & ITS: https://www.codot.gov/projects/us6-tunnel-lights-its-project
- Clear Creek Canyon Trail: https://www.codot.gov/projects/clear-creek-canyon-trail-ph2
Selling Your Home?
Get your home's value - our custom reports include accurate and up to date information.